October saw a lot of activity for Injective, with new milestones met, more partner integration, and an exciting airdrop available to INJ stakers!
In addition, Injective received more press this month, from both influencers and leading publications, pushing forth the message that Injective is the blockchain built for finance.
With its lightning fast, MEV resistant blockchain infrastructure, and leading primitives for building DeFi apps, Injective’s sector-specific blockchain is building out a more diversified ecosystem that is continuing to gain momentum as it reaches its one year anniversary of mainnet.
For a recap of October, check out this highlight reel 👇
Injective Explorer V2 Live
The Injective Explorer is an analytics platform that visualizes blocks, transaction activities, and blockchain network metrics all in one place. Users can view detailed information regarding every single action that occurs on-chain, such as block status, transaction details, wallet balance, markets information, assets on-chain, etc.
It's recent upgrade comprised of major items, including the addition of a new assets section, a new markets section, asset details across the interchain ecosystem, smart contract code and more. The deployments bring an unmatched level of usefulness and overall transparency for Web3 builders on Injective.
Injective Explorer V2: Link
White Whale Proposal Submission & Approval
Originally founded on Terra, White Whale is one of the first interchain protocols in the Cosmos ecosystem. As the governance proposal to launch White Whale on Injective passed, White Whale will bring the first lending focused protocols and AMMs to Injective, which consist of Bot First Pools (BFPs) and Flash Loan Vaults.
Liquidity providers (LPs) will be able to generate yields based on arbitrage strategies, where arbitrageurs can set up bots for zero collateralized flash loans. As a result, both Injective and White Whale will benefit from the fees generated by the arbitrage bots by attracting liquidity, users and developers.
Injective Attends xHack
The Injective Labs team made its way to xHack, an interoperability-focused hackathon hosted by Wormhole, where developers built and showcased their projects built on Injective and other prominent layer ones.
During the hackathon, many new projects were built on Injective and caught the attention of the Injective Labs team:
- xAccounts: Cross-chain accounts for interacting with non-IBC chains
- Bitcorn Exchange: Decentralized commodity futures exchange
- PuniSwap: Order book spread protocol
Eric was also invited to speak on a panel entitled, “Why Did You Start a Layer 1”, and spoke about how Injective was born out of a need to build the first sector-specific blockchain with tailored solutions for DeFi.
Injective Ecosystem Updates
Frontrunner Selected For The CoinList Seed
Proud to share that Frontrunner, the decentralized sports prediction market built on Injective, has been selected for the CoinList Seed Fall 2022 Cohort!
Utilizing Injective’s CosmWasm and binary options support, Frontrunner launched its beta on Injective's testnet with a Preseason Trading Competition Series in July. So far, Frontrunner supports 20+ sports betting markets ranging from four major sports leagues including MLB, Premier League, NFL and NBA.
Preseason V2 will be rolling out this week with bigger prizes, fairer competition structure and early access bonus. Don’t forget to sign up on Frontrunner’s website if you want to try buying and selling shares of your favorite teams with crypto.
Helix Launches Stride (STRD) Spot Market
Helix became the first on-chain order book exchange to list Stride (STRD). Users can trade $STRD to earn the best rewards and rebate in the interchain ecosystem.
Cosmostation Integrated With Helix
Cosmostation wallet, a non-custodial wallet built with the Cosmos SDK is integrated with Helix, the premier decentralized crypto exchange on Injective. It allows more users to access the Injective ecosystem through their Cosmostation wallet.
Wavely V2 Is Live
Wavely, the order book derivatives exchange built on Injective launched V2 in early October. Key updates include:
- Swap trading and stop orders now available
- Upgraded mobile UI
- PnL screenshots available on mobile
- Overall UI improvement
Injective Chain Updates
New Validators Join Injective
This month, a few validators have onboarded to Injective such as DSRV and Matrixed.Link, as part of the 40 active validators of Injective. Matrixed.Link is also one of the major Chainlink node operators. Users can check validators status and delegate tokens on the Injective Hub.
As Injective continues to grow, and more transactions are made on its blockchain, validators help to speed up transaction times and provide more security to the network. The latest data shows an average block time of Injective is 1.3 seconds, which means Injective is already one of the fastest blockchains in the world!
Stride Liquid Staking Coming To Injective
Stride liquid staking is coming to Injective next month, and a $STRD airdrop to $INJ stakers soon.
October Injective Stats
- Injective has processed over 119 million transactions.
- Injective becomes one of the largest IBC zones in the Cosmos ecosystem and has processed over 3 million IBC transfers.
- Top 3 networks including Injective are making 70% of all the IBC transfers for the past 30 days.
- Over $3,000,000 in INJ has been burned through weekly auctions.
- Injective is one of the only blockchains in the Cosmos ecosystem to have interchain accounts (ICAs) enabled.
- Injective is supported on the Pulsar Finance dashboard, along with 30+ other IBC chains.
- Pyth Network will integrate with Injective shortly, making Injective the first blockchain in the Cosmos ecosystem to integrate the best institutional Pyth data.
Injective In The News
Eric Chen, CEO and co-founder of Injective Labs, appeared on CoinDesk TV's "First Mover" program to discuss market conditions, provide crypto market analysis, and more.
In an article entitled, “Crypto experts map out path for bridging gap between TradFi, DeFi”, Eric provided commentary on how institutional adoption helps to push DeFi to the masses.
Leading Cosmos contributors, Sunny Aggarwal (Osmosis), Jose Maria Macedo (Delphi), and Eric Chen (Injective), gave further insight to The Generalist for a deep dive into the Cosmos ecosystem in “The Way Of Cosmos”.
Eric speaks to reporter Frances Yue of MarketWatch on its weekly “Distributed Ledger” to discuss current market conditions and more.
Injective Labs Developers Win Top Prize at HackWasm
Shane and Markus, developers at Injective Labs, built a permissionless oracle infrastructure using CosmWasm in just two days at HackWasm. The project brought home one of the top prizes.
Monthly Community Call
Injective Labs team hosted a Community Call to chat through Project X alongside upcoming integrations and launches.
Interview with Injective validator and ambasssador, Liam
Injective validator, Liam Connor, sat down with Eric to discuss the new product, Project X, and why it is beneficial for the Cosmos community.
Twitter Spaces: Injective x Stride x CertiK
Eric joined a live Twitter Spaces discussion on DeFi apps, Cosmos and more with both Certik and Stride.
Buzzworthy Community News:
- An Injective metrics infographic showcasing on-chain data and tokenomics by Cosmos Daily
- A deep dive infographic on Injective by Leap wallet
- A bi-weekly round-up thread about Injective by Helios Staking
- A staking tutorial video in English and Spanish, and a staking guide with Keplr by Stakely
- A thread on 4 things you should look into Injective by the ambassador illustrious
- An interview with Injective validator Danku on why Injective is special, how Injective is growing in the bear market, and more details about Project X
- A thread on Mango Markets attack on why it happened, and why the same cause won’t happen for Helix
- A thread on bridge security, how to avoid bridge hacks, and how the Injective Ethereum bridge & IBC channels are built differently.
Injective is a lightning fast interoperable layer one blockchain that brings Cosmos and ethereum interoperability to the premier finance applications. Injective provides developers with powerful modules for building exchange, DeFi, derivatives & Web3 apps. INJ is the native deflationary scarce asset that powers the Injective Protocol and its rapidly growing ecosystem. Injective is incubated by Binance and is backed by prominent investors such as Jump Crypto, Pantera and Mark Cuban.