Injective is launching the first ever native .inj domains with SPACE ID, with the highly anticipated pre-registration event finally approaching!
During the past month, Injective ecosystem partners hosted a series of quests that reward you with exclusive access to pre-register your personalized INJ domain names. This blog will unveil the details of the pre-registration process and rules as we are getting closer to the pre-registration launch.
Get ready to join the pre-registration event and unlock your Web3 domain names on Injective!
A Brief Background on INJ Domain Names
INJ ID is building the .inj domain name service on Injective, powered by SPACE ID 3.0 infrastructure. It’s a decentralized name system and the go-to solution to be integrated into every corner of the growing Injective ecosystem. Soon everyone will be able to own their first native INJ domain name to use across wallets, websites, dApps and more across the Injective ecosystem.
Owning INJ domain names will bring you many benefits, including but not limited to:
- Establishing your personal Web3 brand identity
- Using short domain names instead of complex wallet addresses
- Easily transact crypto, NFTs and digital assets using your custom .inj domain
Who Will Be on the Pre-registration Whitelist?
The most active Injective community members always come first!
To kick off our pre-registration round, we have already hosted a series of quests along with external campaigns hosted by Injective partners on multiple platforms. In the end, all these active participants in the Injective ecosystem will be in the pre-registration whitelist.
For every “INJ ID Quest” OAT Badge you claimed (INJ ID Quest 1, INJ ID Quest 2, INJ ID Quest 3), or every time you won a giveaway campaign hosted by Injective partners, you will unlock the opportunity to register one .inj domain name during pre-registration. The more OATs you own, and the more giveaway campaigns you won, the more .inj domain names you can secure for yourself!
Note: The maximum bid quota is five domain names, so each address will get up to five whitelists for their bid quota even if one address has won more than five spots.
How to Participate in the inj Domain Pre-registration Event
The INJ domain pre-registration will consist of two stages: the auction stage and the first-come-first-serve (FCFS) registration stage, with the goal of making the registration as fair as possible while avoiding bot activities.
The pre-registration will kick off with a five-day auction stage where only whitelisted addresses are eligible to participate with a max bid quota of five. Below you will find the process details, pricing and perks.
- During this stage, early users can bid on new names and continue bidding on the existing names.
- Continuing bidding on the existing names (under the “My Bids” section) won’t consume your bid quota.
- The price of a new bid must be at least 105% of the previous bid.
- If you are outbid by others, you can choose to continue bidding on that name, or get refunded right away. If you choose to get refunded, you won’t be able to recover the bid quota to bid on another name.
- By winning the auction, you win the right to register this name, and it will be reserved for the auction winner to register. The auction winner can choose to register for 1 year (default) or longer. Given that the first-year registration fee is already embedded in the auction, the first-year registration will be free.
- In the last 15 minutes of the auction, every new bid made will reset the remaining auction time to 15 minutes.
Domain Name Pricing
Discounts are offered as perks during the pre-registration stage for early users. The discount applies to multiple years.
- The starting bid price for 3/4/5+ character names is $180/$40/$4.5 worth in INJ, which is the discounted 1-year registration price.
- 3 characters $180/year, after a 40% discount to $300/year
- 4 characters $40/year, after a 20% discount to $50/year
- 5 characters and more $4.5/year, no discount
First-Come-First-Serve (FCFS) Stage
The second phase of the pre-registration is first-come-first-serve (FCFS), which will start soon after the Auction stage ends. This phase will last for five days, in which the auction winners will be able to register the .inj names they won, while others can register the rest of the names on a FCFS basis, based on their remaining quota.
- For example, if you bid for 5 names in the auction phase and won 2 out of 5, the other 3 bid quotas will turn into “Register Quota” that can be used in the FCFS registration phase.
- If you did not participate in the auction phase or did not win any name, all of your bid quota will remain valid and turn into “Register Quota”.
Format Requirement of Domain Names
- Name length: Each name should be at least 3 characters
- Case sensitive: Only lowercase letters are allowed, no capital letters
- Special characters including “:”, “/” are not supported, while “-” is supported
- Emojis are generally supported
- Different languages are generally supported
Reserved .inj Domain Names
We will also have a selection of .inj domain names that are exclusively reserved for partners and dApps in the Injective ecosystem. These domains won’t be accessible for registration. This conviction stems from the potential these names hold to expedite the widespread adoption of .inj names while significantly enriching the overall community experience.
Public registration which opens to everyone will start soon when two phases of pre-registration ends.
Trading of .inj domain will be supported on NFT marketplaces on Injective, including Talis. The details will be announced soon.
The .inj domain name service will become the decentralized identity standard across the Injective ecosystem and its many dApps. It has been a wonderful journey so far and this cannot happen without each of our community members.
Can’t wait to see what names everyone will get during the pre-registration event and we will see you there soon!
Injective is a lightning fast interoperable layer one blockchain optimized for building the premier Web3 finance applications. Injective provides developers with powerful plug-and-play modules for creating unmatched dApps. INJ is the native asset that powers Injective and its rapidly growing ecosystem. Injective is incubated by Binance and is backed by prominent investors such as Jump Crypto, Pantera and Mark Cuban.
About SPACE ID
SPACE ID is building a universal name service network with a one-stop identity platform to discover, register, trade, manage web3 domains. It also includes a Web3 Name SDK & API for developers across blockchains and provides a multi-chain name service for everyone to easily build and create a web3 identity.