2022 was a fruitful year for Injective and the community has remained diligent to deliver new upgrades and bring in new partners even in this final month.
While there will be an official end-of-year recap to close out the year, we would be remiss to not highlight all that was achieved in this month alone. For a recap of December, check out this highlight reel 👇
Wormhole Is Live on Injective
The long-awaited integration with Wormhole is now complete, connecting prominent networks such as Solana, Aptos, and Algorand to Injective. With this integration, Injective will have one of the highest number of cross-chain connections in the industry, and become the primary gateway for many assets to enter the broader IBC ecosystem for the first time!
Users will be able to bridge assets through the below sites via a simple click:
Sommelier ETH DeFi Strategies Are Available to Injective
Sommelier, the automated DeFi portfolio management platform, has launched Ethereum DeFi strategy tokens on Injective, with three Strategy Tokens (SteadyETH, SteadyBTC and ETHBTCTrend) now listed across all exchange dApps built on Injective. This also marks the first time ETH DeFi strategies are available to the Cosmos ecosystem.
Injective Is Natively Integrated with Keplr
Injective is natively integrated with Keplr and also live on Keplr mobile. You can now stake INJ, participate in governance and manage your assets on Injective directly through your phone!
The Brand New Injective Website Is Live
The new Injective website offers a fresh new look, user-friendly navigation, and a plethora of new features and content for the Injective community. Receive up-to-date information on all things Injective, and learn how to get more involved with Injective if you’re a community member, developer or financial institution.
Injective Ecosystem Updates
Helix: Asset Listings & Trading Competitions
On December 1st, Helix listed Crescent (CRE) spot market, which marked the first external platform to enable CRE trading. Crescent Network is a DeFi Hub in the Cosmos ecosystem with a goal of empowering users’ digital assets for maximizing their financial returns while managing associated risks in the most efficient way by providing innovative and sophisticated DeFi products.
The Crescent foundation is also sponsoring a Deposit Campaign alongside a Buy & Hold campaign with a 50,000 CRE reward pool up for grabs.
On December 13th, Helix listed $SOMM, the native token of the automated DeFi portfolio management platform Sommelier Finance, along with its three Ethereum DeFi strategy tokens (SteadyETH, SteadyBTC and ETHBTCTrend).
Strategy tokens enable anyone to get exposure to actively managed crypto asset portfolios just by holding a token. Hence, by purchasing these strategy tokens, you automatically enter into the strategy and receive its benefits.
Sommelier also sponsored a 100,000 SOMM token reward for a 10-day volume trading competition between Dec 13th to Dec 23rd. Winners will be announced in mid-January via Helix twitter. Stay tuned!
Frontrunner Raised $4.75 Million in a Seed Round
Frontrunner, the first decentralized prediction market built on Injective, raised $4.75 million in a seed round led by Susquehanna Private Equity Investments. Other investors in the round include SOMA Capital, Toy Ventures, Ledger Prime and WAGMI Ventures.
This month, Frontrunner also shared their 2022 season statistics since the testnet launched on July 20th. Below are some highlighted results:
- Users have made 187,105 total orders
- Top 3 number of traders by country: USA, China, Indonesia
- Top traders by ROI: 10,967%
White Whale Deploys A Novel Flash Loan and Arbitrage Protocol on Injective
White Whale has deployed its interchain liquidity protocol on Injective, introducing AMM, flash loan and arbitrage pool primitives to the ecosystem for the first time. This also brings further capital efficiency to dApps building on Injective!
INJ Dojo Releases New Community dApp Interface
The community-led exchange dApp, INJ Dojo, releases a new and improved version including updates on interface, markets and wallet options. Collected trading fees are distributed back to the community through Trading and Poker Competitions.
Leap’s Dashboard for Injective Is Live
Injective’s dashboard is now live on Leap desktop. Users can view portfolio assets, stake, vote and even Telegram notifications for on-chain activity in one place.
Injective Chain Updates
New Validator Join Injective
Dora Factory onboarded to Injective as a new validator, joining a network of 40 active validators. Users can delegate tokens and check validators status on the Injective Hub.
As Injective continues to grow, and more transactions are made on its blockchain, validators help to speed up transaction times and provide more security to the network.
Injective Explorer Upgrade
The recent Injective Explorer upgrade includes adding CW20 token balances into address details, and supporting CW20 smart contract balance.
December Injective Stats
- Injective has processed over 140 million on-chain transactions.
- Injective has produced over 20 million blocks on mainnet, with 0 chain halts.
- Injective has processed over 4.4 million IBC transfers.
- A total of 5.6 million INJ was burned forever through weekly burn auctions.
Injective Community Updates
The Injective Labs team joined multiple Twitter Spaces during the month of December to discuss the latest contributions to Injective, speak to ecosystem partners and provide commentary on the current industry.
Here is a roundup of the shows and Twitter Spaces from this month:
- Eric Chen on The MSV Podcast
- Twitter Spaces with Wormhole
- Twitter Spaces with Sommelier Finance
- Twitter Spaces with White Whale
- Twitter Spaces with Huobi
- Twitter Spaces with Saga
- Twitter Spaces with Coinhall
- Weekly Market Chat with Huobi Research
Buzzworthy Community News:
- Injective co-hosted a Cosmos ecosystem holiday meetup at San Francisco along with other partners such as Babylon, Juno, Evmos, DoraHacks, Axelar, Eclipse and Saga.
- Injective Labs co-founder and CEO Eric Chen joined Secret Summit for a discussion about “State of Privacy in a DeFi World”.
- Injective attended Taipei Blockchain Week and met with Asian partners and builders.
- Three additional anniversary campaigns with Ninja Pass rewards were hosted by Injective’s ecosystem projects Dexterium, Wavely and Qwerty Exchange this month to wrap up the celebration of the one-year mainnet launch.
- The airdrop from Harbor Protocol is live. Both INJ stakers and Ninja Pass holders can receive the airdrop!
- Injective has reached over 100,000 followers on CoinMarketCap.
- A weekly report on Injective by Injective validator Stakely
- An infographic showcasing the entire Injective ecosystem by Cosmos Daily
- A thread on why Injective is trailblazing the new dawn of decentralized finance by NFT.Flow
- A thread on Injective and why it is the blockchain built for finance by CoinDCX
As this year winds down, we will send out a year-in-review blog, to greater detail Injective’s past, present and future. Happy holidays!
Injective is a lightning fast interoperable layer one blockchain optimized for building the premier Web3 finance applications. Injective provides developers with powerful plug-and-play modules for creating unmatched dApps. INJ is the native asset that powers Injective and its rapidly growing ecosystem. Injective is incubated by Binance and is backed by prominent investors such as Jump Crypto, Pantera and Mark Cuban.