The first Injective Hackathon recently concluded with resounding success. Bringing together brilliant minds in the space and attracting developers, entrepreneurs, and blockchain enthusiasts from all around the world, the four-week online event fostered new innovations across Web3.
Inspired by the ethos of development and collaboration, participants from diverse backgrounds gathered to showcase their skills, tackle real-world challenges, and explore the limitless possibilities of Web3 on Injective. Let's dive into the event's highlights and discover the remarkable projects that emerged from this immersive hackathon.
The Injective Hackathon was record-breaking in terms of participation:
- 300+ Submissions
- 357 Active Builders
- Exclusive Injective Developer Benefits from Tencent Cloud, Eclipse, Pyth, Wormhole and more
The Injective Hackathon fostered an environment of collaboration and innovation, where participants worked tirelessly to create groundbreaking projects and solutions. The goal of the Injective Hackathon was to empower developers and provide the best infrastructure to build upon their achievements and drive the crypto industry forward.
Hackathon Workshops and Panels
The hackathon offered participants the opportunity to learn from industry experts and mentors, such as Stefan from Delphi Labs, Nimeh from Notifi, Nikhill from Wormhole, and Marc from Pyth who provided guidance and insights throughout the event.
The event saw over 40 panels and workshops, with 52 industry experts leading each event. Attendees engaged in discussions to gain valuable knowledge about surrounding various subject areas such as DeFi, scaling infra, oracles, composability and more. The Injective Labs team also hosted over 100 hours of mentorship to ensure that participants had the necessary support to refine their ideas in order to build successful projects.
- Intro to DeFi on Injective by Injective Labs CTO Albert Chon
- A deeper dive into the Injective TypeScript by Injective Labs tech lead Bojan Angjelkoski
- CosmWasm for beginners by Injective Labs Rust engineer Max
- Advanced topics on CosmWasm by Injective Labs senior engineer Markus Waas
- A hands on guide to build Web3 applications on Injective by Injective Labs tech lead Bojan Angjelkoski
- Building cross-chain dApps on Wormhole by Wormhole core contributor Nikhil Suri
- Solana SVM rollup demo by the Eclipse team
- Integrating Pyth workshop by Pyth engineer Dev Kalra
- Injective hackathon panel with Wormhole: Cross-chain dApps
- Injective hackathon panel with Notifi and Frontrunner: Building new financial primitives
- Injective hackathon panel with Nobel and Sommelier: The New Age of Cosmos
- Injective hackathon panel with Astroport: Building with Injective
- Injective hackathon panel with Eclipse, Solana and Celestia: Integrating Solana and Injective
- Injective hackathon panel with Kucoin Ventures and Kraken Ventures: Ecosystem initiatives
- Injective hackathon panel with Keplr, Leap and xDeFi wallet: The future of Web3 wallets
- Injective hackathon panel with DoraHacks: Builder chat
We’ve seen the emergence of numerous exciting projects that showcased the unmatched potential of building on Injective. Participants leveraged the capabilities of the Injective to address real-world challenges and push the boundaries of innovation across verticals such as lending, NFT Fi, options, trading, RWAs, AI and more.
With over 300 project submissions, builders demonstrated the transformative power of blockchain technology across various industries.
- Exotic Markets: Sustainable yield generation and options opportunities on Injective. Bringing one of the first options protocols to Injective will enable trading of exotic financial products with parametrized risk-to-maturity customizations.
- Talis: The first native NFT marketplace building on Injective, ushering in NFTs to the Injective ecosystem for the first time.
- iLend: The first native money markets protocol building on Injective aiming to provide an array of innovative borrow/lend products.
- Elixir Protocol: Decentralized market-making protocol aiming to disrupt the legacy market-making business on CLOBs.The protocol allows everyday users to deposit into vaults similar to AMMs and earn liquidity rewards.
- Black Panther: The first native asset management protocol that helps users achieve superior returns. Bringing alpha to the injective community across an array of products such as grid trading, trend following, auto compounding vaults and so much more.
- Temporal Exchange: Fixed-Rate lending/borrowing solution for shorter time frames, massively increasing efficiency and creating a safe credit creation cycle. This aims to bring market-determined yield curves to DeFi.
- LoopX: The first decentralized AI layer for the Injective ecosystem, bringing new forms of utility for dApps built on Injective.
To acknowledge the exceptional efforts of the participants, the first Injective Hackathon will be awarding prizes to the most outstanding projects across various categories. Beyond monetary rewards, winning teams gained exposure to industry leaders, potential investors, and the broader blockchain community, offering them valuable networking opportunities and paving the way for future collaborations.
Moving forward, Injective will continue launching initiatives for developers to thrive within the fastest growing Web3 ecosystem as they push the boundaries of Web3.
Injective is a lightning fast interoperable layer one blockchain optimized for building the premier Web3 finance applications. Injective provides developers with powerful plug-and-play modules for creating unmatched dApps. INJ is the native asset that powers Injective and its rapidly growing ecosystem. Injective is incubated by Binance and is backed by prominent investors such as Jump Crypto, Pantera and Mark Cuban.